News from the Tennessee Valley State, Local and National news
WEDNESDAY, MAY 30, 2007
HOME | NEWS | ARCHIVES | OBITUARIES | WEATHER

Daily photo by Gary Lloyd

Garage fire

Decatur firefighters Elliott Hadavi, left, and Brandon Strickland fight a garage fire behind a residence on Hamaker Street Southwest. The garage caught fire shortly after noon Tuesday.

Decatur fire Lt. Don Palmer said the priority of the four companies of firefighters who responded was to protect other buildings.

"When we got there, it was rolling so good that we set up exposure protection to keep it off of the house. The heat from it had already melted some of the siding on the house. The garage was gone. We weren't going to save it, so we protected exposure and stopped it from spreading," Palmer said.

He said the garage, which contained lawn equipment but no vehicles, apparently caught fire due to an electrical problem.

Save $84.50 a year off our newsstand price:
Subscribe today for only 38 cents a day!

Leave feedback
on this or
another
story.

Email This Page



  www.decaturdaily.com